The Infant Toddler Children's Center (ITC) is a non-profit early childcare and educational organization in Acton, MA. We provide a safe and positive learning environment for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-aged children. At ITC, we honor childhood.
What makes ITC unique?
- Our teachers are partners, who listen to and observe children closely, ask questions, identify children's ideas, and provide occasions for discovery and learning.
- Every ITC teacher is an experienced educator with training in Early Childhood Education and/or Childhood Development. Staff members are dedicated to continually adopting best practices, and participate regularly in continuing education opportunities. More than half of our teachers have taught for 10 or more years at ITC.
Our Focus on Community
ITC believes in working together, as a community, to guide children's growth and learning. Parents are involved in the learning experience, and are encouraged to visit the classrooms to share their interests and experiences with the children. Classroom groups coordinate regular social gatherings with parents, teachers, and children to build a cohesive community.
Our Facility and Enviroment
- ITC is housed in a beautiful farm house, expanded and renovated to offer children a safe and comfortable place to grow, learn, explore, discover, and create.
- Our classrooms are inviting and natural, offering a warm, home-like atmosphere. Teachers respond to the children's ever-changing interests and development with a layout that encourages encounters, communication, and relationships. Toys, objects, and activities are chosen to promote choices, problem-solving, and discovery.
- Our private and beautiful 3.5 acre site gives children daily interaction with nature and the outdoors. Each age group has a designated playground furnished with age-appropriate play possibilities, as well as opprotunities to explore the surrounding conservation land.